Saturday, May 10, 2008

Lynda's Garden the Fourth Trip



My adversary in gardening, poison oak.

The last 4 beds were this thick with it. I don't think I've ever seen this much of it in one place. My legs are covered with the rash this time. Hopefully we got it all. I've been itching for 6 weeks now, and getting pretty ornery. The funniest part of the day came when, while hacking away at this stuff, I accidentally flung dirt into my eye. We must have looked pretty hilarious trying to figure out how to get it out without touching my face [one of the few places left that's rash free]. I'm one of these people that can not keep my eye open to put drops in it, if my life depended on it. After struggling with trying to flush it with bottled water, and then poking me in the eye with her shirt, Lynda, in what seemed to be a last desperate attempt, threw water in my face when I wasn't looking, and then yelled, "Bat your eyes! Bat your eyes, quick! It worked. Yea!

BTW, Lynda says so far she's rash free. I guess the dish soap bath with the garden hose worked for her. I'd hate to see what I'd look like if I hadn't done that.



Summer squash.



Had to revive this poor fella with bottled water after disturbing his roots while pulling weeds. He really liked the bottled water.



And, the tomatoes are getting bigger.

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WO! LOOK at that tomato! ANd the cute little squash! You are doing good work--so sorry about the poison oak!

One of our tomatoes has a few blossoms! HEy--it's a start!

bluerose said...

Woo hoo! It won't be long now!

Just to make you feel better, we are getting 90 degree weather now. Poison oak's no fun in 90 degrees. No more open windows and fresh air. I have to start carrying a coat, because most public buildings are 20 degrees colder than the outside air. I bet the temps are perfect where your at now, huh?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin