Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Dry Spring



tired again
though winter’s rest is over
sun dried chill blows
through a honeysuckle covered
briar patch

Respite cut short
by an early drought

balmy aroma settles sluggishly
among prickles and poison ivy
like artificially flavored syrup
on bleached, deep fried bread

stripped of nutritional purpose
sweet intoxication deteriorates




I don't know what happened to our April showers here in Texas. It's been over a month since we've seen rain, which is unusual for Houston.

2 comments:

merrytait said...

It's anything but dry here! It's rained every day for days and days and days.

Nice poem and pictures. I need to go, but I will try to come back sometime. I am so far behind because of our flooding! :-(

bluerose said...

We've had four months of 100 degree weather since I wrote this, and no rain.

Did your house flood? I hope everything's alright.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin