Sunday, March 02, 2008

Spring Time In Picasa



I've been experimenting in Picasa, thanks to Michael's instructions on this post. Below is the original.

st





I had been feeling a little down this week, and tired. On Friday, all my clients cancelled, so I decided to go to the arboretum. The warm sun and all the new blooms completely changed my mood. The awakening forest was so full of energy. I wandered for about four or five hours, and left feeling energized. I also left with over 300 pictures, so you'll probably be seeing more of my walk in the woods.



Unfortunately, my little friends here were awakening as well. Actually, I don't think they ever went dormant this year. We didn't have a hard enough freeze, so I'll probably be seeing hoards of these things this summeer. They really love me :[.

4 comments:

Michael Serafin-St. John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael Serafin-St. John said...

That first comment was me being speechless. Great work, Lori! Just one comment, On the floral shot, where you did the soft-focus, go back and hit sharpen a time or two. See what happens!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I wonder what comment left Michael speechless, as it is gone now.

These are fun shots and effects. In the turtle one, the effects are nice, but I like the original better!

In the flower one, I like them both very much. The one with effects is very NICE and dreamy in a good way. Super.

And the mosquito? Aiee!

Maybe I should be complaining about the 508 inches of snow we are expected to get and the ice on the sidewalks that makes walking treacherous. AK!

bluerose said...

LOL! Thanks ya'll.

Michael, I didn't use any soft focus on that one. I sharpened 3 or 4 times. It would get sharper until I hit save, and then it would blur. The turtles, I probably sharpened over 10 times. The effect was a lot cooler before I hit save. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Mary, 508 inches of snow?!!! I'll take the mosquitos!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin